Monday, March 4, 2013

Seeking to See Him Every Day

First week counting...
                       when I share entries from my Gratitude Journal
2011-new lights for the kitchen
2012- a poinsettia that's still blooming
2013- a surprise gift in the mail
2014- lavender scented soap
2015- listening to him sleep
2016- red flannel pajamas
2017- snuggling puppies
2018- butter pecan milkshakes with dad
2019- Birthday celebrations
2020- Valentine's candy in a heart shaped box
2021- pruned fruit trees
2022- thank you cards
2023- bracelets with silver hearts
2024- snow flurries
2025- a hot shower
2026- walking with the dogs down to the pond to feed the fish
2027- baby's breath in blue pottery
2028- love notes on heart shaped post-its
2029- pink sunrise
2030- a single red rose in a bud vase
2031- help from Kenzie at my training meeting
2032- lunch at PF Changs
2033- having Dad and Yvonne as house guests
2034- a "sister call" for pimento cheese recipe
2035- sharing ideas with a room full of primary teachers
2036-a clean desk
2037- warming my hands over the toaster
2038- a taste of summer on bread (strawberry jam)
2039- being tucked into bed when you're sick
2040- an "accident free" day for the puppies
"Life is this simple:We are living in a world  that is absolutely transparent, and God is
shining through it all the time. This is not just a fable or a nice story.  It is true.  If we 
abandon ourselves to God and forget ourselves, we see it sometimes, and we see
it maybe frequently.  God shows Himself everywhere, in everything - in people
and in things and in nature and in events... we cannot be without Him.  It's impossible.
The only thing is, we don't  see it."
Thomas Merton

3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures! You're getting so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quote, its so true. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi--I am John & Cindy Watson's oldest daughter. I know we saw each other around church whenever we were visiting in Hendersonville, but I didn't think you probably knew my married name. Anyway, I saw a link to your blog on facebook and had to come over and check it out. After reading some of your posts I can see why my mother loved you so much. (And I hope you know that she did!) I am completely inspired by this post. We've had a difficult 18 months (job loss, move across the country) and I think I am at a point where I need to work more diligently on seeing the good...so thanks!

    ReplyDelete