Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kitchen Makeover Update

Once upon a time, on another blog, we started a kitchen remodeling project.  You can check that out here.  I knew then that it would take a while to complete.  New counter tops were the first big project and I sure have loved those.  Next we bought a dishwasher.  After going without one for a few years, I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed having a dishwasher again.  And since the last dishwasher we bought was when we built our house (about fifteen years ago), I was thrilled with how much they have improved!  This one is so nice and quiet, I can actually watch tv while the dishwasher is running.  This past month we took the next step and had the tile work done behind my cook top.  This is what it looked like before we started.
And this is what it looks like now.
What do you think?  I'm so in love with it!!!   After completing something major, we usually take a break for a while, sometimes a long while, before we jump back in.  But my dear husband must love me a lot, because this week he started repainting the island.  Now, this is a huge job and will drastically change the look of the kitchen.  It's been scary, change can be like that.  But I think it's going to be beautiful when it's finished.   I'll be back with pictures...

2 comments: