Monday, February 16, 2015

My Valentines Kitchen

Last weekend, I opened my kitchen to these little bakers and they turned out some pretty sweet treats.  This has become a bit of a tradition for us, and each year I do less and less as they are now very comfortable with rolling pins and cookie cutters.  Working along side kids in the kitchen, helping them learn skills, while making lovely memories, this makes me happier than you can imagine!  I don't even mind that I'm still sweeping sprinkles off my floors.
My Valentine and I made plans to celebrate at home this year.  It was a cold night and we didn't want to fight the restaurant crowds.  I made a dinner that I knew my "meat and potatoes" guy would enjoy.  He said it was better than any restaurant meal, which I'm not sure I completely agree with, but it made him happy and that's what I was going for.   Afterwards, we settled in by the fire, and watched a classic romantic movie, while doing a little chocolate dipping.   Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.  Perfect date night at home.
* You can find the cookie recipe that we used here.

No comments:

Post a Comment