Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Green River Cove Trail

The Green River Cove Trail is a hop, skip and jump from my house.   I love this about our hiking club!   My eyes are being opened to the beautiful trails that have been hidden to me, only because I didn't know they were there.  It makes me wonder what else I'm missing.  Exploring in your own neighborhood is a good idea!  Having a wonderful guide to help you see what you might miss on your own is valuable as well.  Thank you, Julie!

This trail was long, but not difficult.  An in and out trail, some climbing (but not too much) and lots of river views.  We hiked about eight miles today.
We crossed several streams at the beginning of the hike.
We started up high and worked our way down by the river.
The woods in March look like this.
I love hiking with this lady!
The river was beautiful.
Going up.
We watched a couple of kayakers making their way down the river.
(Photos courtesy of Julie Eargle)
Wonder what lives in here?  Hobbits?
You never know what you might find while walking in the woods.
So many boulders.
A few of my hiking buddies.
(Photo courtesy of Julie Eargle)
Today's lunch view from one of those big rocks.
(Photo Courtesy of Julie Eargle)
It was a fantastic day.  Regular time spent in the woods is good for the soul.

*Take the Time goal #16 - Participate in as many Friday hikes as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment