Monday, November 28, 2016

It's a Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood - Hilton Head Island

One of the things I love to do when I'm traveling, is to get out on foot and walk the neighborhood.  There is so much more to see than from the confines of a car.  It was interesting to see how the clean up effort from the recent hurricane was progressing.   Although a great deal has been done, there are still large piles of downed trees and branches on the sides of the road. 
It was warm and sunny on this Saturday morning.  Leaving the mountains and coming to the beach is especially nice at this time of year.  What a difference in temperature five hours from home can make when you're headed in a southeasterly direction.  It felt downright tropical.  This route is one I usually walk when I'm on the island.  It takes me a few miles from Travis and Becca's house, by the schools and recreation buildings.  It's a nice neighborhood and I met lots of other people out walking.
I love the spanish moss hanging in the trees.
There were so many pinecones.  I returned another day, with a cute little helper, to gather some to bring home for decorating.
The damage from the hurricane was evident everywhere I looked.
What a blessing to be able to visit with my kids, have health that allows me to get outside to walk and move my body and enjoy the sites and sounds of the neighborhood.  I feel grateful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment