Monday, July 23, 2012

A Sunday Morning Drive

Yesterday morning I left bright and early to attend church in Murphy.  It's a two and a half hour drive from my home, but oh, what a lovely drive it is.  All I needed were a few snacks and my lunch, a water bottle and five new CD's to listen to and I was ready to hit the road.  Inspiring and praiseworthy, my play list included everything from Natalie Grant, Hillary Weeks, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, David Nevue, Paul Cardall, Darlene Zschech, Jenny Phillips and even a little Reliant K.  Oh, and I just got a new CD that I love by Mark Geslison and Geoff Groberg entitled Abide with Me. Their version of hymns played on traditional instruments were perfect to listen to in this mountain setting.  If you had been driving along beside me, you just might have caught me cranking the volume and singing my heart out.  I drove in a misty fog for the first half hour,
but then the mountains came into view and how can you not sing praises when surrounded by this kind of beauty?
Even with multiple stops to take pictures, I still made it to church on time!   I enjoyed a wonderful Sacrament service, followed by time in Primary with the children and the most amazing leaders.  When I visit the units, I tell them to put me to work and usually they do.  Yesterday, I was able to play with the little ones in Nursery and attend a Valiant class.  What a blessed Sabbath day!  Next time I visit Murphy, I'll be glad to take you along with me.  The branch would love to have you visit and we could plan time to get out and do some hiking in these mountains.
Yes, this forest is begging to be explored...by me.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics...so miss the beautiful mountains and the smell in the air!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you took some of those photos while driving :/ Beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri...don't worry. I was driving really slow!

    ReplyDelete