Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some People Do the Nicest Things!

Whenever I see the Fed Ex truck climbing my driveway, I quickly ask myself, "what did I order" and try to remember if I should get excited or not.  Bee equipment?  Shoes?  Books?  Usually it's something good, so I'm happy to see the Fed Ex man.  But even better than that, is when the Fed Ex man brings you something you didn't even know about, an unexpected gift.  I love presents!!!   And I've decided the best kind of present is the one you receive for no special reason at all.  Oh, don't get me wrong.  I like those Birthday and Christmas presents just fine, but when someone gives you a present, "just because I'm thinking about you and love you", well that's about as good as it gets.   And I got one of those last week!
Isn't that the cutest?  How did she know I loved that quote?  It's on my Pinterest "Quotes I Love" board.  Well, I did just as she suggested and put it in my laundry room and whenever I'm doing laundry, I see it and smile and think about how thoughtful she was to make it for me. And I feel loved!  And I feel a little old.  It doesn't seem that long ago when Jessica looked like this.
  Don't you love that spunky little face?  And here she is with her little sister all dressed up for Easter.
These girls and I have made some fun memories over the years. We've shared  birthdays, holidays, vacations and even "cousin's camp" at Aunt Melissa's.   And now....she's all grown up and the mother of two little ones of her own.  She's an entrepreneurial, stay at home mom with her own Etsy shop.  When does she have time to craft?  I have no idea, I'm not sure she sleeps, but you should check out her shop here.  You'll see lots of cute things like this:
Somehow she also finds the time to blog about her family's life here.  And I kid you not when I say the girl can make some seriously good salsa!  Go here to get her recipe.  I'm telling you.  It. Is. Awesome.  I just made it last night.  

So I guess you can tell, I love this girl to pieces.  I'm so grateful she is my niece and that we are friends, even though she is all grown up now and I'm more grown up.  Love you Jessica!  Oh, and maybe we could consider this your thank you note for the great gift, since I've not written it yet?  Is that tacky?

3 comments:

  1. Melissa,
    That made me cry! Thank you so much for your sweet words! I didnt send you that to get a shout out, but I am glad that you love it enough to blog it! I feel so special! I love you, and I am glad we are friends too!! I cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks :)
    And you do NOT need to write me a thank you note!
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. This showed up on my "time hop"!! Written 2 years ago, and it still put a smile on my face!!! I love you & I'm looking forward to seeing you in Sept :)

    ReplyDelete